The United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (UN SDGs) are 17 different global goals intended to achieve a better and more sustainable future for all.
The United Nations designed the SDGs, and over 190 countries have signed up to work towards achieving them by 2030. Companies, corporations of any size, pension funds, investment funds, and small enterprises treat the SDGs like a to-do list for creating impact. The global to-do list is critical because it serves as a compelling call to action for C-suits and decision makers to include impact into their organization's DNA.
As a social enterprise, we focus on goals 8 and 10 of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals. Our team is currently working on publishing impact metrics annually through a global framework of impact management and a measurement called "SDG Impact." We have been introduced to these frameworks through Duke University and C3 Companies for Change Accelerator.
Goal 8 of the UN SDGs promotes sustained, inclusive, and sustainable economic growth, full and productive employment, and decent work for all. ImInclusive focuses on goal 8's objectives as below:
- 8.2 Achieve higher levels of economic productivity through diversification, technological upgrading and innovation, including through a focus on high-value added and labour-intensive sectors
- 8.3 Promote development-oriented policies that support productive activities, decent job creation, entrepreneurship, creativity and innovation, and encourage the formalization and growth of micro-, small- and medium-sized enterprises, including through access to financial services
- 8.4 Improve progressively, through 2030, global resource efficiency in consumption and production and endeavour to decouple economic growth from environmental degradation, in accordance with the 10-year framework of programmes on sustainable consumption and production, with developed countries taking the lead
- 8.5 By 2030, achieve full and productive employment and decent work for all women and men, including for young people and persons with disabilities, and equal pay for work of equal value
Goal 10 of the UN SDGs aims to reduce inequalities and ensure no one is left behind are integral to achieving the Sustainable Development Goals. ImInclusive focuses on goal 10's objectives as below:
- 10.2 By 2030, empower and promote the social, economic, and political inclusion of all, irrespective of age, sex, disability, race, ethnicity, origin, religion or economic or other status
- 10.3 Ensure equal opportunity and reduce inequalities of outcome, including by eliminating discriminatory laws, policies, and practices and promoting appropriate legislation, policies, and action in this regard
With two key focused UN SDGs, ImInclusive will be able to achieve its mission and vision, resulting in more people having inclusive mindsets and feeling like inclusion is a part of their behavior and identity that they can share with the community.
With two key focused UN SDGs and specific objectives targeted, ImInclusive will be able to achieve its mission and vision, of inclusive employment and inclusive career solutions achieved at scale throughout the world by 2030. Our contribution to UN SDGs is resulting in more people having inclusive mindsets and feeling like inclusion is a part of their behavior and identity that they can share with the community.